Today “The Hindu” Editorial Vocabulary Collection – 30 June 2018
Every day we will provide Today The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary, which improves candidate’s vocabulary in English section for competitive exams. Apart from vocabulary, synonyms, and antonyms and correctly spelled words.
By reading this article, it will help you by saving your time and keeping you on track of vocabulary section. But, the candidate must read Editorial article from the newspaper “THE HINDU”, before going through this, for understanding the concept of Editorial.
Today The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary
- Implication (noun) = The impact or conclusion of decision in future;
Synonyms: Significance; Assumption; Indication; Conclusion;
- Ambit (noun) = Having scope;
Synonyms: Extent; Space; Range;
- Autonomy (noun) =Freedom to do by one’s wish or Independence;
Synonyms: Freedom; Independence; Sovereignty; Liberty;
- Contentious (adjective) = Involve or tend to arguement;
Synonyms: Combative; Quarrelsome; Argumentive; Antagonistic;
- Flaw (noun) = Defects; Features limits the Perfection;
Synonyms: Fault; Deficiency; Inadequacy; Blemish; Bugs;
- Corpus (noun) = Body of collection or mass;
Synonyms: Compilation; Core; Body; Entity;
- Weed out = Decreasing of useless or unnecessary things;
Synonyms: Decrease; Diminish; Weaken; Trim;
- Dubious (adjective) : Having doubtful quality;
Synonyms: Arguable; Debatable; Hesitant; Unreliable; Improbable;
- Prosecution (noun) = Act of Continuation of legal proceedings against anything to complete.
Synonyms: Accomplishment; Execution; Undertaking; Pursuit; Achievement;
- Autonomy x Dependence;
- Contentious x Agreeable;
- Flaw x Advantage; Perfection;
- Corpus x Part;
- Weed out x Develop; Enlarge; Grow;
- Dubious x Certain; Definite; Clear;
- Prosecute x Defeat; Failure;
Today The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Collection – 30 June 2018
Recommended For You: English Tricks and Rules for Correction of Sentences
- Check all Important Rules to learn to solve Error detection or correction of sentences in General English section in any competitive exams.
- Best and top recommended books for general English